My group’s film/video production turned out much better than I thought it would have. We decided to make a short clip with a series of interviews, telling people that there were many new laws passed and asking them their opinions. We decided to do this because we wanted to test how strong people’s faith in news media was. We figured, if the people we interviewed took us seriously as reporters or journalists, than they would believe our so-called new legislation and would react accordingly. In other words, we wanted to see if most people believe what they are told by news media.
After my last group project, Project: BURMA, I learned the importance of a stable group. Robert, Elisha, Caitlin, and I discussed this project thoroughly and I stressed my frustrations with what had happened with Burma. We all were fed-up that in our past groups the workload was uneven, so we were determined to make this project work fairly. We decided to give everyone certain tasks that they were responsible for and must complete for the group’s sake. We decided that Robert would come up with the idea for the video. He had a great idea about judging people’s faith in media – I was very impressed. Elisha would write up some questions and false legislations, and conduct some of the on-screen interviewing. Caitlin would do the filming of the interviews and help me do the editing of the final clip. This worked out fabulously! We all did our jobs and we got the project done! :)
When I was editing this video, I did not want it to become my project. With Project:BURMA, it felt like I was running the show and that had I to call the shots. This time I wanted everyone’s input on how the video should be laid out and what type of theme it would have. Having Caitlin work with me made this task easier because I had another opinion and I was not left to make all the decisions myself.
Through this project, I learned how good Elisha, Robert, and Caitlin are to work with. I have worked with them before and they consistently come up with good ideas and complete their share of the work. I prefer a closer group such as this one compared to Burma, where there were too many people in the group to count on two hands. I also learned a lot about news media. Based on the responses from the people we interviewed, it was hard to judge how much youth know about Canadian legislation. I was not present for the actual interviewing and I am not sure if the people that were interviewed knew Elisha and Robert were lying to them, but I do not want to know. The responses were varied from complete faith in what they were told to knowing instantly that it was a lie. I find this interesting because it shows how uninformed some may be about what is going on in their country.
I really enjoyed this project because it was fun and the extra footage is hilarious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
you're right: this is a fun project. bingo wants to marry all of you.
Post a Comment